Thursday 19 August 2010

mildly moist

Well, I thought it was about time I re-emerged from my pit.
Hi, how we all doing? Hope you're all well. I dunno why I say "all", I doubt anyone reads this. But anyway, lets hear it for optimism! ...No one...? Okay then...
Today has been a pretty awesome day; camp is coming to an end for another year and Abi and I spent the day there. Unbeknown to us, it was the day of the water games. Had Abi and I known there were water games today we would have bought a change of clothes... but we didn't. We tried to avoid a dousing however, we were somewhat unsuccessful. I got off pretty lightly if I'm honest; water balloon to the back, cup of water over the head. Abi wasn't so lucky... She got dragged down the water slide... and got very very wet. I found it quite humorous. Abi not so much.
However, we really went there for one thing and one thing only: the talent show. It's always something special, and this year it was particularly so. Johnny and Steve were hosting it... It was awesome. They were a police man and a robber, tennis players, people having an argument in a library, a surfer drowning and a lifeguard... And much more. It was hilarious, I don't think I've laughed so much in ages. At one point a group of girls decided to pull members of the audience up to the front and ask them questions; get them right, you get sweets... get them wrong and you get a water balloon burst over your head. I was called out. I got my question wrong... :P There were many acts put on but I really think the highlight was the return of Fake That; as far as camp is concerned, the ONLY Take That cover act. I was, of course, participating. It was immense, even if I do say so myself. The audience were singing along, clapping and swaying their hands in the air. It was a wonderful moment and, I won't lie, it did bring a little tear to my eye. We're going up again tomorrow till Saturday for take down.
Camp's coming to an end again; these 4 weeks always seem to go by so fast! A normal week usually drags on, it seems to last a month. But these weeks on camp go by so quickly, its unbelievable. The week on young Christian's camp felt like it had barely started and then it was over. Camp is always amazing but this year it seemed that little bit more special; I'm not sure what it was that made it so good. The teaching I got was class as always, and the fellowship I had with other Christians was beaut; I'll always miss it. Friday and Saturaday we're going to be packing everything up, saying goodbye to the site and everything used at camp and it is gonna be kinda sad.
However, all good things must come to an end. Bring on next year!

1 comment:

  1. See next year... I might have a vroom vroom I can drive... so I can day visit more often... I don't think I could do a full week of camp unless I had a caravan *looks innocent*

    ReplyDelete