Friday 9 April 2010

Norwich Cathedral

I think I may have found my spot.
You know, everyone has a spot that they love. Somewhere that doesn't change, yet you love to sit there. You can sit there for hours and hours and just feel the world slip by while you couldn't care less about the passing time. It's just you.
Everyone's spot is different; everyone's spot has something special. Whatever that is, it can be spectacular, it can be subtle, it can be huge, it can be tiny, it can be beautiful, it can be dull. Whatever it is, to you it's magical. And I have found my spot.
This afternoon I was in Norwich with no plans. At all. I wandered about Norwich, no where new. I know pretty much all of it by now so I decided to go where I haven't been for a while; Norwich Cathedral.
I love wandering round the cloisters. Seriously, I must have walked round them 5 times? I don't know why, I guess because it's so peaceful there. It's out of the way of the city, hardly any people, barely any noise from the cars. Peace. Seclusion.
It was here that I found my spot. North side of the cloisters, second opening from the end, against the left pillar looking out into the grassy centre.
This is my view:

This is my spot.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. All the times I've been to Norwich ... I don't think I've ever been to the cathedral.

    ReplyDelete