Monday 18 April 2011

Adventuress

I FAILEEEED!! I AM AN AWFUL BLOGGER AND I FEEL LIKE A LOSER AND A SAD ACT. I AM ASHAMED.
Okay; now my little personal pity party is over I can get back to the serious business of the day and that is getting back into blogging for the rest of April starting today...

I've had such an epic day, you wouldn't believe it! I went on adventure to the far away land of Great Yarmouth! ...Okay, I know it's not that spectacular or glamorous but I had a really great day REGARDLESS of the fact that it was only a touristy seaside town. I had to be particularly quiet this morning due to my cousin sleeping in my room. I left to get the train at half seven this morning, which was a bit mental but it was worth it because it meant Gemma and I got an extra hour by the seaside. :P This was the first time Gem and I had been away somewhere. Usually she either comes to me or I go to her; but today we were both away from home. It felt so adventurous and rebellious to be spending a day away from everyone, but it's what this week is about for me; getting away and doing things that I don't normally get to do. And today, that is exactly what happened. We got to Yarmouth and went for a bit of a wander, looking in random shops that Gem loves and getting some little bits; I came back with a soapstone lizard. It's really rather cool. After a bit we headed down towards the seafront, got some hot doughnuts and ate them by the beach. The weather was epic today, although I couldn't see a thing, due to Sol's blinding rays bouncing off the sand. Gem was alright, she had some new aviators but me? Naah, nout.

One of the best moments about today was when we went down the beach to take pictures. It was so lovely just to be able to sit on the sand with the sun and just chill and chat. We lazed for a bit and then went for a walk up the beach; that was lovely, it felt so much more than just a walk. It felt really intimate. I loved it.
Now, when you are a child and you go to Yarmouth, you have to go to the Sea Life Centre. And so we did! I felt so much like a kid because I haven't been there for years and it's changed so much. I found myself pressing my nose up against the glass like a 7 year old, it was that nostalgic for me. The Sea Life Centre has always been an adventure place for me. We'd go up to Yarmouth for the day, just to go there. So having the chance to share it with Gem was immense. Not to mention the fact that they have Penguins and Crocodiles and Leafy Sea Dragons and all kinda of awesome stuff there now! I totally loved it.
After we'd finished in the SLC, we walked along the beach some more and came to this random set of posts that were probably from an old pier or something like that. But yeah, I decided to attempt to climb on them (and epically failed). But they led to some rather awesome photo ops, I'm not gonna lie (even if I did take some of them myself). Gem now has her own catalogue photo now and it's very "I'm a rockstar and I'm going to scrutinise something in the distance. It's a rather smexiful shot, I will be honest with you all, but then this is Gemma we're talking about so I should expect nothing less.
Then after a while it came time to go home which was the boring bit which we don't talk about, except a rare and rather nice thing came out of it, in that Gem had to change trains so we got to say goodbye on the platform for once. I don't know why I kinda liked that idea, but I did. There's something kinda... cinematic about it, I guess. It was cool.

And that was, essentially, my day; the first of a week of escape. Tomorrow is another, in which I will be getting up early to talk to random strangers about random animals. It should be AWESOME!! I can't wait.

Goodnight all and until next time, K.B.O.

No comments:

Post a Comment