Friday 17 December 2010

The Emperor's New Room

I am terrible with this whole blogging thing... I can't keep it up, I don't know why.
I find it difficult to think of things to say. Maybe I worry about whether or not people want to read it. Hell, I doubt anyone will read this so I don't know why I worry so much. I should just blog about any old nonsense that's going on. I mean, it's not like nothing ever goes on in my life (although some could debate that the previous statement is incorrect) but I just... dunno what to blog about.
I guess Imma just ramble...
*
So, we're moving! Scratch that; we've (technically, kinda) moved! As of the 13th of December, our official abode is not the one we have been living in for the past 9/10 years. I can honestly say I will not miss this room at all. Not in the slightest. My new room's bigger, brighter, warmer... I love it. And today it's started to feel more like my room than simply a room. The majority of my stuff is now at the new house and earlier I started putting up some of the minor personalisations. My new Muse door poster went on the inside of my door with the Toy Story 3 cards Gemma sent me, and I put some tickets round the fireplace. Dunno if they'll stay there... But, anyway, I can't wait to get properly, fully moved in. My room's walls are currently a lovely shade of very, extremely pale pink... In fact, all the walls of the house are painted in the same shade. Mum and Abi can live with it, but me? Hng, no thanks. My room will be the first to be re-decorated. Green, I think... I can't wait till it's done so I can get all my stuff on the walls. Posters, pictures, my Yoda canvas (even though that's already hanging...)
It's funny, I won't miss this room in the slightest, nor this house for that matter... You would think that, as the house that I did most of my growing up in, I'd miss it at least a little. You would think that I'd feel somewhat sentimental because, lets face it, I am a sentimental man. I get attached to things and people and places. But this house... I feel nothing but relief to be leaving it. It has innumerable problems; large brown patch on the living room ceiling where it fell down and was patched up, kitchen is crap, terrible central heating, ancient boiler, damp issues... The list goes on. I will be glad when the final things have been emptied from the house and we are firmly settled into our new one. This house is already feeling less and less like home. It certainly doesn't look like it any more...

*

Moving on; I miss people. I spent all of my birthday weekend with Minna and I spent all of the 11th and 12th with Gemma: I miss them both terribly. I know that I'm gonna see Gemma soon so that's not so bad, but I still miss her like nobody's business. And it was hard saying goodbye to them both, Gemma in the station and Minna in the airport. Although saying bye to Gemma was kinda cool; we got spotted by my cousin and her boyfriend. :P But saying bye to Minna was a little pants. She said she didn't want to go, I would have liked her to stay longer... I miss her a lot. Ah well, I have even more reason to go see her in Sweden now that she's been here to my place. And I can't wait till the 22nd; I get to go to Ipswich and see Gemma. Granted, it's with Abi and we're going to the Wolsey Panto. But it'll be so good to see her again, even if I'll have to behave a little better with my sister around. :P No neck biting I think... Even better, I think we may be going to see TRON: Legacy! I can't wait.

Well, that's it. I'm off. Ciao all.

No comments:

Post a Comment