Monday 20 December 2010

Life, living, moving, stuff

Today is Monday the 20th of December, 2010.
I'm currently sitting in my Aunt's study looking at the mess that surrounds me and I wonder how anyone could get any work done in here. It's funny how some people seem to thrive in mess and just stuff stuck everywhere... I mean, don't get me wrong, I could challenge you for the title of "most messiest"... I like a good floordrobe, me. But when it comes to actualk work and stuff, there's no way that I could get anything done in here.
As for work, well I haven't been doing much of that lately, much to my dishonour. I totally forgot, in the flurry of my birthday and Minna staying over and moving yaddah yaddah yaddah, that I was doing a beginners Italian course. *minor seizure/ heart attack* Fortunately, it's all good. I got onto it today, and I'm feeling good about it. I mean, I like this course. I enjoy it, I actually want to do it which is a MASSIVE improvement on the last one. It's going well and I couldn't be happier.

We have moved. Finally. It seems like it's been such a long, slow journey getting to this point. But, then again, it seems sudden and instant. We were talking of moving, new houses, looking at places for such a long time without ever really doing anything about it. And then, in no time at all, we'd found somewhere, looked at it, agreed to take it, signed all the paperwork, packed everything up and now... it's all in the new place. I can't believe how sudden it's been. I'm so glad that we finally moved out of that place, you wouldn't believe it. I miss nothing about 116 Norwich Road. But now the new begins.
Even thought there is still a lot to do with the new place, it still feels like it's mine. It's my room, my place, my new area. I have posters, pictures, cds and all sorts of random junk in it making it mine. I can't wait till I get some order into it. I just feel that for so long we've had to put up with so much; a kitchen that is falling apart, a boiler that is (probably) unsafe, damp issues, great coldness in winter... A generally poor house. Mum deserved a better place, and now she has it. If I had my way, I'd buy out this place and that way mum could do what she wanted to it. I'd pay for any and all modifications she wanted to make to it... But, unfortunately, a Saturday job at Roy's won't pay for that. C'est la vie. Life goeth on...

Life does indeed go on. Longer than expected sometimes. Life is delecate, there's no two ways about it. Hundreds of people die every day. But some are kept alive... The phrase that is so often used "all the good ones are taken early" is so often innacurate. This was highlighted to me Sunday morning at Church.
Thelma Edwards is a wonderful lady. She's going to be 80 on Boxing day. She's been about for as long as I can remember, but not in the way she is now. When I first started going to our church she was up and about all over the place, driving around in her blue Clio. Now she's driven about by her daughter. She walks with a wheely support thing. Then, last year, she was diagnosed with cancer... You would have thought she had suffered enough.
But still she's here. Miracles don't often happen, but one certainly happened to her. She's totally cancer free. Nothing there. Think it's coincidence? Good luck? Psh.
David Welham, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year. It spread to his bones.
He's still here. He's just the same as he's always been. You wouldn't be able to tell that he'd had cancer. Fit as the proverbial fiddle.
God is awesome. He's always been the great healer. Still is.
I know that they're still here because of God's help. He's still all powerful, no one can change that. He's still the God that made me and not only that, he's the God that keeps me going. I am nothing without him. Just a bag of meat and bones that would never meet it's full potential. I'm still not sure I ever will. But I've got way more of a chance now than I would without him.

Goodnight, bless your face, peace off, trademarktobyturner.

No comments:

Post a Comment