Tuesday 1 June 2010

Dreams do come true (geek post)


Okay, so that may be a slightly misleading title but it's kinda true... Gundam. I am a massive geek and a big kid and so the combination of building models of giant robots from Japanese anime is pure gold. Anyway, first Gundam Series I ever watched was Gundam Wing and from the first episode I was hooked. Gundam Wing is one of the most popular series in the franchise and, as such, it's kinda weird that there hasn't been and of the Mobile Suits made into Master Grade kits yet. Master grades are the most popular kits and you would think it would be the obvious thing to do.
Well, that has now been rectified. Last month, the Wing Gundam came out. The main Gundam from Gundam Wing; the protagonist's Gundam, if you will. And reviews of it have been blinding. It's, on all accounts, a fantastic Gundam model and one I very definately need to get at some point.
But here's the thing, the one Gundam that absolutely took my breath away was the Shenlong. Mainly because its main weapon was a massive dragon claw that it unfolds and crushes other mobile suits with. I absolutely love this mobile suit just because it has simple epic points. But the only model kit of it was a poor quality, dodgy high grade that was kind uncommon and therefore a tad expensive. So since the release of the Wing Gundam I've been waiting for the announcement that I've been hoping would come.
And today it did. They're making the rest of them into master grades. Deathscythe, Heavyarms, Sandrock and Shenlong. I can't wait.
I'm also really excited about the Heavyarms because that never even got a high grade release! I'm very much looking forward to these new Gundams...

[Edit:] So... the new Deathscythe is a Version Ka. Hmmm, I'm not sure how I feel about this... The Ver ka is a really cool MS design but it would be awesome to have all the lead gundams to be anime accurate, like the MG Wing Gundam. But this leaves me with a confusing situation; will I get an anime accurate shenlong or a ver ka... I'm not entirely bothered because I like both designs. In fact, I would quite like a Shenlong ver ka, it's a really rather cool MS design...

No comments:

Post a Comment