Friday 12 March 2010

So Ben. How is life?

Life, all considered, is very good right now.
I am revoltingly happy, if I am totally honest with you. I'm at peace, I'm satisfied, I'm happy, I don't feel alone. It's a great feeling to actually be happy to wake up (so to speak), to not regret seeing the sun through your curtains, to not pull the covers over your head and whisper, "why? Why couldn't this have been the last time I slept?"

Monday, 8th of March 2010 was one of the best days of my life. Meeting up with Minna for the first time ever was amazing. Up until then she had only existed as a somewhat pixelated face, upper body and arms (and occasionally some knees) over webcam and a voice over skype that would occasionally fade out.
That moment when I was walking up the platform and I saw her standing there was awesome. "OHMANTHERESHEISSHE'SREAL!" went through my mind.
To be able to physically hug this person I've wanted to hug for so long was brilliant. Anytime I wanted to, I could reach out and hold her hand. It was great. It was an odd feeling when I had to leave. I was sad that I had to go, I didn't want to. It always happens when I have to leave friends, I could feel a small lump pushing up in the back of my throat. "no no, I'm not gonna cry."
But, as I stood in Liverpool Street hugging Minna for the last time in London I felt the happiness push away the lump. I di
dn't want the last things I rememberd of Minna to be sad. And they weren't.
Now my feet won't touch the ground by Coldplay is the song I will always associate with London, and every memory it brings back is great.

<- Minna and I down by the thames embankment. This day was so good. I miss it. I miss her. Skype will have to do until we get around to meeting again. I hope it wont be too long. Anyway, ttfn.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, you think would you like to write for us?

    Check out our page Downrightfiction.blogspot.com

    Thanks for your time !

    ReplyDelete