Tuesday 24 May 2011

Opposite Day

Just so we get this straight, I'm not talking about the weird, childhood contrivance that you would always use to get out of any situation...
"But you said you'd give me some Haribo!"
"Yeah, but it's opposite day!"

"You told me that you let me keep it!"
"Yeah, but it's opposite day!"

No, I had a really weird moment of revelation last night when I was sitting in the conservatory thinking about... stuff. I'm going to apply for a job. A job as a teaching assistant, and I'm trying not to get too excited about it. I may not get it, which will be slightly disappointing but hey, God's got his plan for me. Anyway, I spoke to mum about it and she said something which got me into this thinking state. She has, for a long time, said that I should work with Children. Now, for a long time my experience of kids was of small people that climb all over me, smother me, hid, squash me and are generally not fun people to be around. But I've totally gone through a change lately as is evidenced by the fact that I'm studying for a degree in Child Development and I'm planning on working with kids in some capacity. This comes after a very long time of being of the mindset that working with kids was not my thing; it just didn't interest me and I was going to work with animals or the environment or something like that. And it got me thinking, what else have I been telling myself that I don't like and yet slowly and over time, I've come to subconsciously reverse how I feel.

One of the biggest thing that I came to realise as I thought over stuff was this; I always thought that I was a country person. Loved being in the country, I loved the alone-ness and the peace and quiet and all that jazz and the city was not to my liking. Too many people, too many buildings, grey and stuff. Don't laike.
My favourite place is London. This is weird thinking about it. I love the city, especially bigger cities. I love how you can get lost in the crowds of people and become as singular as if you were in the middle of nowhere. The concrete jungle, as it is clichedly called, is pretty acurate; you can get lost, you can find new little places, you can hide away and you can find sudden green, beautiful refuges in the middle of the grey expanse. I have randomly switched from a country mouse to a town mouse and it scares me a little how easy and... subconscious it was.

Ah well, change is good, eh? I'm not afraid of it; if it leads you to where you need to be then I'm all for it. You tend to be better off and happier when than before the change and it's going to happen whether or not you fight against it so you might as well let it happen. Anyway, this is staring to get philosophical and I am too hungry for that! I also have no headphones to listen to philosophicaly inducing musics... not yet anyway (woo for buying £135 earphones for £4.99. I rule.)
I also cannot wait for the influx of packages that are gonna arrive; I've got Will Grayson, Will Grayson coming from Gem which I'm SO excited about, I've got a couple of posters, I've got a couple of DVDs, I've got the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood book... It will be interesting if it all comes at once. Just this massive pile of stuff through my door. I actually kinda want it to all come at once... I can pretend I have fan-mail. Psh, yeah right, as if I'd have fans. :P I'd need to be, like, cool for that...

ANYWAY, I will not see you and you will not see me unless I know you in real life and if you are WHAT ARE YOU DOING READING MY BLOG!? This is private; only me and the rest of the internet are allowed to see. And a few of my irl friend. Well, one.
Anyway, TTYL and K.B.O.

No comments:

Post a Comment