Tuesday 6 April 2010

Okay, it's time to rant

Let me try and explain this because you’re all obviously far too narrow minded to understand. Minna is awesome. She’s one of my best friends. She’s one of the best friends I’ve ever had. I know that I can go to her with anything because, to her, it matters and I hope she feels that she can come to me with anything. She cares about what’s going on in my life and I care about what’s going on in her life. So why does this seem so shocking? Is it because she’s from a different country and we have to work to stay friends? I can't just hang out with her because I feel like it. We actually have to want to stay friends otherwise we can just disappear out of each others lives. Delete each other from facebook, msn, skype and delete each others numbers and that’s it. Were gone from each others lives. Why is it so shocking that I have a best friend who happens to be a girl, who lives in Sweden and who has a boyfriend? Would it be so shocking if she was a guy? No. I seriously doubt it. Yes, you’re right. We do look quite close in those 2 pictures on facebook. Can you blame us? It was the first time we’d ever, EVER met in real life for crying out loud! I think we are allowed to hug and take pictures of ourselves hugging to record our first meeting.
And why keep asking if it’s still just friendship!? Every time you see me you ask it. Of course it’s still just friendship! I hate that as soon as a guy has a healthy friendship with a girl everyone automatically assumes that there is something more than friendship there. In that case, let me reassure you.
WE.
ARE.
JUST.
BEST.
FRIENDS.
No, I do not think of her as anything more than a friend. I love her, yes. I lover her a lot. So what. Loving someone and being in love with them are two very different things. So where is the issue here? I don’t see any? Am I only allowed to have best friends that are guys? Well, tough cookies. I get along better with girls than guys. It’s just who I am. I guess that comes from living so long with just my mum and my sister. I’ve had to learn the best ways to get along with them.

If I’m honest, I’m so so thankful Minna doesn’t live here. If she did, I’m pretty sure that you lot would have ruined our friendship totally. Cheers.

If I’m honest, I’d say that you’re jealous. You could never imagine having a friend as awesome as her.

No comments:

Post a Comment