Thursday 1 April 2010

Well, I'm back

This has been a most excellent few days away.

Past few weeks I've been so unbelievably stressed/ worked up/ mentally drained that I seriously needed some time away. And, right when I needed it, I get a break. A few days away from Norwich and too many houses and cars and too many people. Yes! Thank you Lord! Not a moment too soon.
Fields and trees and lots of stars and horses and, most importantly...
Very.
Few.
People.
I'm not going to lie, it was a very small chunk of paradise. Right now, despite being back home, I feel relaxed and pretty good. My mind has had a good rest and I'm ready to take on life again. I'm not looking forward to it, but I think I'm ready for it... I hope I am...
It was a good few days, I have some good friends down that way so I got to meet up with them. Tuesday I went into Bury St Edmunds for the day. Spent the day wandering aimlessly about, with no real reason or plan. I had a good time, got a few cds and a dvd and had one of the most obscure and unusual phone conversations ever. It was with one of my best friends, Alice. Yeah... It was somewhat surreal, but great. I almost stole a giant rubber duck from an O2 shop and I had it all planned out how I was going to do it (with the help of Alice). I was going to hide it under my shirt and then, when asked about it, I was going to say it was a tumor... What!? It could have worked...
Then Alice decided to steal our sunshine and replace it with her gloomy weather; it rained. Hard. But it was all good because, during the downpour, we met up with Chris and Tim and got some food. Randomness ensued... and it was glorious. In the course of the madness we have discovered that there are multiple species of chav. Yeah, it was a good day. Mr Christopher Honeyball, professer of Chavology, revealed his findings to us.
One thing I found; Chris loves barbecue sauce with his fries. Like, a lot! He used about 5 tubs of the stuff... I'm surprised McDonalds didn't charge him for it... well, he's a student. You know what they're like. They take all they can get. :P After the children (a.k.a Chris, 20; Tim, 24) had some fun and games with my drink and my fries, we met up with Andy and the harbinger of doom (his girlfriend, Gemma). Much more randomness ensued. It was marvellous.
After some wandering and chatting about, well, nothing really. Just randomness. :P That's always good fun. Then came time to obtain some food for Andy and Gemma seeing as they arrived too late to partake of macdonalds; Subway for them (I think they got the better end of the stick). We all sat and watched them eat. It was entertaining. We all sat upstairs in subway, by the barrier and it was so tempting to steal pieces of lettuice and throw them over the edge. Yeah, I know. We're all highly mature... :D Then came cinema times; Bounty Hunter. I wasn't expecting much from it but, you know what? I liked it. It passed the Kermodian 5 laugh rule; I laughed about 6 times (I mean real laughs, not minor chuckles). It was better than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised.

It was great to get away from everything, but I'm kinda glad to be back. I missed talking to my internet friends (mainly because some of them are better friends than some of my real friends). I'm relaxed now and I'm happy. Coursework can go stuff itself... I really don't care. I'm failing my course no matter what I do, I might as well go out fighting. Imma do all I can to complete it, but there's no use in crying over spilt milk. I know what I want to do; I want to be a blacksmith. And the OU can't get me there.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Hopefully, I should be getting something through the post from Minna, although what it is I have no idea >_< She's so sneaky, making me all curious. I have a special way I have to open it... I'll report back once I know what it is.
That's all for now, CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment