Tuesday 13 April 2010

Looking up?

I'm not so sure about that. I have no doubt that very soon I'll be back to my old ways.
But, for now, I'm good. Today has been a good day :) "Spring fever" is in the air and it's filling me with a desire for adventure. Well... I always want adventures. But this is making me even more up for one.
The weather today was great. It was so good to wake up to see sun and no clouds. It was good to get out and to feel the warm sun on my skin. I went out and mowed the lawn and that perfected it. A warm, sunny day and the sweet smell of fresh cut grass made it seem like summer was just around the corner. Finally, I start to feel a little good about being here and being alive.
After a good morning I then got to go and watch Surrey Chapel football team play NCBC. It was such an exciting game, we were all there cheering on the boys in green. In the first half we pulled ahead to make it 3-0. We were away and flying. But the team took their foot off the gas. They got complacant. NCBC then started to pull it back. 1...2...3... equalized. Then boom, another goal was sunk; 3-4. Everyone was cheering on the guys, trying to encourage them. After a bit of a tussle at the opposition's goal, we somehow sunk another goal. Back to 4-4, could we pull ahead?
No. It was too late; full time. Now, we go to penalties. This is where we failed. We couldn't keep it up. We lost, 5 - 4 in penalties.
NCBC had the edge, they were the better team on the night. Both teams played out of their skin. It was an awesome game and my voice is a little tired from it now.
The battle wasn't without it's casualties. Dave Brown, the man; the legend, was taken out by a terrible tackle. He got a boot to the side of the knee and he went down hard. Everyone (including him) thought it was broken. Fortuntely, it wasn't - just very very very sore and it bruised very quickly. Hopefully, he'll back up on it again soon.
And then tonight I got to talk to Minna again. I love talking to her, it's always good fun and generally random. It was a particularly weird talk tonight, but it was fun. She's always good to talk to. We ended up talking for about 2 hours, even though she was tired and we said we were only going to skype for a little while... lol. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

All in all, it has been a nice day and one I can not complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment