Sunday 10 April 2011

You Asked For It...

When I asked my girlfriend for a top of bloggyness and she said, well... her. Which is a slightly egotistical answer but, what the heck, I'll go for it.

My girlfriend is Gemma and she's 23. You can't really tell though because, outside of the school room (as she is a teacher) she acts somewhat younger. Now, that's not really a nasty thing to say because she herself admitted that she has the mind of a child. Which is in no way an insult because it means we get on extremely well, fortunately. I've known her for a little over a year and in that time she's become pretty much the one person I trust most in my life. I've been with her for 7, almost 8 months. One of the best things about the relationship Gem and I share is how well we fit (which, I guess, anyone would say in a relationship. It's kinda the key thing really, now that I think about it...). The nerdiness and geekery over various things is extremely strong in both of us; it bounces off each other and is encouraged and amplified. Which is something I love - one thing I always thought I'd have to do when I got a girlfriend was minimise my geekery and hide it. I never have to with Gem. We've had some brilliant adventures so far; not least was the day we discovered the nerdiest shop in Norwich - Toyz and Gamez. It is a magnificent shop of geeky glory and I want to live there. The best part was that she was (almost) as excited as I was to find it.
I can honestly say that I've never been in love before now. Now I know that I am in love. Totally. I don't know what to say... This is stupid, I'm such a wordy bloke yet now I can't find words. My girlfriend is epic, regardless of how much she'd deny it. She's a great deal braver than she believes. She's so much stronger than she thinks she is. She's so kind, generous, caring, sweet, cute, lovely, funny, lovable, and beautiful. The majority of those things she'd say are lies.
I tell her that I don't care; it's what I see in her. It's what I know are parts of her. She's my beautiful girl of epicosity; and I love her lots and lots like Mighty Muggs and Autobots.
Yeah; I just said that.
Because I'm cool like that.



That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment