Wednesday 13 April 2011

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

Sometimes I hate the way my mind works. I guess it happens to all of us but it just feels like it happens to me more than most. My mind goes "OHAI BEN," and I'm like, "sup brain." And my brain's all like, "YOU AFIK YOU SHOULD SAY DIS," and I'm all "hmmm... Yeah, that sounds ok mind. I'll give it a go..." And then when I say it it is a classic case of foot in mouth syndrome.
But it's not just that; my head then tells me that wasn't really a well thought out thing to say so then gives me something to try and cover it up but because my brain is totally inept it just makes things worse and the hole I was digging which was supposed to be filled by the supplementary comment was made deeper and worse and I end up feeling like a prize prat.
Which is where I am currently. In that prize prat zone... after saying something to Gem which sounded fine in my head and wasn't even supposed to be a serious comment. But, as always, it bit me on the bum. I am avoiding her currently because I feel stupid. Yes Gem, I am avoiding you currently and I am sorry but I feel stupid...

That's all for now. I may add to this in a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment