Tuesday 12 April 2011

The Run Down

Today I had a very good day. After what seemed like a very long time (probably about a month and a bit...) I got to see my girlfriend! It was so good to see her again Errybody say it with me! N'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Silliness aside, I had a really great day with her. It started off with a race, grade royale; Gemma in her train vs me in my bus. It was a close run; both of our methods of transport left off at the same time but there was disturbances. Slight delay for Gemma, traffic hold up for me. But I managed to make it a whole ten minutes before Gemma. Success *fist pump*.
after meeting up and having a particularly large hug we went for a walk up to our spot by the river and chatted for a bit. Then we went up to the Castle Mall and had some pretzels for breakfast. Auntie Anne's vannilla sugar pretzels are the tastiest things in the history of everdom; FACT. So we dossed a bit, ate our pretzels, laughed at the fact that a motorbike place is called "Tinklers" and we discussed the ear-wormyness of radio adverts...
Then Gem gave me my 7 monthaversary present which was a kinda large one and super generous of her. She got me Doctor Who season 5 on DVD. It was really nice because All through the box she'd put postcards; postcards are our favourite method of communication when we're apart and she put 7 in (7 months, 7 cards; geddit!) and that was really lovely.
After that our plan was to high tail it to the cinema to see Tangled (which was brilliant); it was close and we made it in whilst the trailers were playing, but we made it. Mission accomplished, mister Bond.
For lunch we went to our usual eatery; Pizza Hut! Now, it's always a challenge whenever Gemma comes down to see if we have the stomach to manage the pizza and a dessert. We have never managed it... UNTIL TODAY! Due to our foresight in forgetting to have breakfast we had enough room for half a large pizza each and half a cookie dough! Now, if you haven't had a cookie dough you have not lived! It was potentially the most amazing dessert that has ever graced my palette. I am in love, I think...
One moment of extreme excitement occurred when Gem discovered that the bowling alley had a photo booth that did 2 strips of photos! The excitement was equatable to that of a small child at christmas finding that he has not only that deluxe bumblebee transformer he wanted, but also an Optimus Prime and a Megatron. But we got some silly, weird (and one kinda soppy) ones done. I have this feeling that it's going to become a regularity now.
Our afternoon then consisted of meeting up with her friend Jojo, drinking coffee whilst talking about Jo's reptile/ invert collection and taking photos of Gemma's teddies for a project that she's preparing for her class. The teddies were sightseeing. They went to see the Castle and they had dinner together and they saw the Forum and then they went to the cathedral. They had lots of fun.
Today was a lot of fun and I was pretty sad that it had to end and that Gemma had to go home. I miss her a lot when we're not together, even though we skype and call and write letters and stuff but I still miss being able to be there with her. But that's life I guess. I will be seeing her on Friday, Godwilling (as they say at Church and awful lot. :P) which will be pretty cool. We're just gping to crash at her place; apparently I have to watch Hallam Foe. I have no idea what to expect. It had Jamie Bell in it and he's good so that's a bonus, although if it's anything like Billy Elliot I will be booooooored! But anyway, I have rambled on far too long with this post and I will not leave you to your day.

Goodnight and thanks for all the biscotti.

No comments:

Post a Comment