Monday 15 March 2010

The afternoon lag

Over the past few weeks I have worked out that, after studying since approximately 9:00 AM with a couple of short, 15/20 minute breaks, I suffer from a mid afternoon drop in energy that I have entermed "the afternoon lag". It generally occurs at approximately 3:45 PM and it is characterised by general inability to concentrate on, well, anything in particular and a desire to... sleep. I cannot concentrate on coursework. I can hardly concentrate on writing this post. I am working on curing "the afternoon lag" with coffee and face slapping. I am potentially considering a short nap or possibly an excursion from my room into the outside world.
I will update this post when any solution becomes apparent.

yours sleepily/ distractedly
Ben

*

Update.
I have found the cause of "the afternoon lag" to be low blood sugar. An effective solution to this was (in this instance) a mug of coffee, a chocolate chip bun and an apple.

Enough of this faux scientific sillyness. I think my coursework has gone to my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment