Monday 22 March 2010

All the small things

This morning I didn't want to wake up. I've never wanted to wake up less.
I woke up with my head under the pillow. I crushed myself against the wall trying to block out the light. I didn't want the day to come, the night was too short. I pressed the pillow down onto my head trying to close up any cracks that would let the light in. It didn't work.
I flipped over on my back pressing the pillow down onto my face. No. That's totally not worth doing. Too much to live for yet I don't want to wake up. So, after a couple of calls from mum, I got up. Cursing the sun.
Meh. Life and I are not on the best of terms right now.

It's surprising how small things can cheer you. Little things that don't really last long. They last for a few seconds, not even that, and they're gone.
After a day of melting my mind with coursework I went out for a walk. I decided to go round my normal haunt using ways and paths I don't normally use.
As I walked down beside the river, a flash of blue with a little red streked past me. It was a Kingfisher. I've seen
them before on that river, but never that far up.
It made me smile. They're not very common and to see one so close and in this area was like a little ray of sun.


I love little moments like that. I wish more of them came along more frequently.

Hang on.

No I don't. If they did they wouldn't be as special.

No comments:

Post a Comment