Friday 19 March 2010

Stuck

Do you ever get that feeling of dissatisfaction with life in general? The feeling you get when you know there is so much more out there in the world to see and you've seen none of it? The feeling you get when you realise how big the world is and how small where you live is?
That's me right now. I'm so sick of Norwich. It's like something inside me has woken up. I've lived here for 20 years and I need more. My feet are itchy and my heart is full of wander-lust. I've walked the streets of Norwich so many times, I've seen the same shops and the same buildings and the same places over and over again and I've had enough. I need more.
The world is huge, and Norwich is tiny. I need to get away and see a little bit more of it, and soon. Very soon. Or else I'm going to go crazy, literally.
I feel stifled and stuck. Like I'm in this little box and everything I want to do and see is outside the box.
I can't stay here much longer. I need to get away. I don't even want to leave permanently, I just need to see more of the world.
Sweden. My only hope. I have friends there and it's all I can think about right now. Mountains and clean air and places I can go where there is no one but me. Please, please, please let me get what I want this time. Sweden is what I want.
Anywhere but here is what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment