Tuesday 16 March 2010

Imagination

My imagination is something valuable to me. It's highly active. I can take words and phrases, images, sounds, characters, ideas and create whole worlds around them. Something small and seemingly insignificant can spark something in my mind that will catch fire and my imagination will work it's magic. I love it. I think I've been able to keep it for so long because I'm really just a big kid at heart.
Or maybe holding on to my imagination is what has kept me child-like...
People grow up so fast. They lose the child in them and they lose the love and innocence of life. As a child everything in the world is so big and so much fun and so full of adventure. But we're all forced to grow up.
But I never want to. I will grow old, but I will never grow up. The day I grow up is the day I lose the child within me. The day I lose the child within me is the day I lose my imagination.
Never.
My imagination isn't just a creating tool for me. It makes my memories less like memories and more like stored realities. The good memories I have are stored so vividly that I can close my eyes and it's like I'm living them all over again. Not only that, but I can look on my memories from the outside. As if I'm someone else watching as they happened in the first place.
This is a part of me that I never want to lose, I never want to let go of. There are so many good things embedded in my mind because of my imagination.
I'm so thankful for it. Without it the memories from my London trip would be just that; memories.
But they're not. They're living moments captured in my mind. Moments I never want to forget.
I can see the memories. How it felt to see Minna's surprised face for the first time. Looking at her face and being able to see every little detail, without any webcam pixelation. Being able to hold her hand whenever I want. I can remember exactly what it was like to hug her. I can remember these and everything else we did. Without my imagination, they would just be cold memories.

I will never grow up.
I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment